Thursday, September 17, 2009

Eid Mubarak

I would like to wish to everybody

"Selamat Hari Raya, Maaf Zahir dan Batin".

That is the normal phrase when Hari Raya comes again. This year we do not have to join the rush to 'balik kampung' since we are already staying near to my kampung (i.e. Alor Star). Normally my first hari raya I will go back to the house where I have been brought up. I lost both my parents when I was in the secondary school, but I have a very close-knit family with 11 surviving siblings (from 15 siblings) and our nieces, nephews, grand-nieces, grand-nephews and great-grand-nieces and great-grand-nephews. I have been keeping a database of all family members and this remind me that I should update it more often.

Normally the third hari raya, we will have a gathering and most family members will try to come back. Last year was very meaningful to me because that is when everbody celebrate my marriage. I got married in the UK while I was doing my Phd. Eventhough I came back in 2005, last year was the first year that my hubby came back from the UK.

This year we have not made any plan for the third hari raya. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: